Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A woman possessed....again!

 This was the view outside my kitchen window this morning........rainy and dark and so cozy I had to turn lights on and burn candles.....it was perfect Hygge weather!

 I made breakfast while Miss Peeps messed up my rugs as she played with her 'twist ties'....one of her favorite toys!
 I made a simple (but there was some prepping) breakfast of an open face sandwich with a smashed avocado with lime juice, salt and pepper,  Some sliced radishes and cucumber (English with the skin on) and some hard boiled egg all on top of some whole grain toast.  It was good, healthy and filling.
 It was an Ellie Krueger recipe on her website.........
 Yesterday I got the guest room done with clean linens and dusted and vacuumed and some rearranging, more yarn for the drawers and cleaning out the 2 chests in the room for storing other items.

Every time I clean you will see my Windex bottle in the picture.  I have my own window cleaner that I make but Windex I use for spraying on my rag and cleaning knick-knacks, light bulbs, painted surfaces etc.  It works on so many things!  But I don't care for it on windows or mirrors....go figure.... 
 Today I hit the craft room and cleaned off a bookcase that was in the living room and dragged it into the crafts room.  I have those carpet mover things you place  under furniture so it slides and I even have a long handled pry bar that slides under the furniture so you can pry it up to enable you to slip the sliders under it.  It's a Godsend for those living alone!
 I got it in the crafts room, cleaned it and loaded it up.  It's not pretty but right now I'm just trying to get things off the floor and out of the way so I can find things plus there is a hide-a-bed in this room that needs to be ready depending on who all is coming for Turkey Day.
After I got it loaded up I remembered all those project/pattern notebooks I had removed to my bed!  Uh oh!  So, I had to rearrange and didn't have as much room as I thought I did but it is still better than it was! 
Like I said....it's not pretty but it's clean and semi-organized.  What I also did was set up an empty container in the garage so when I found something for the Thrift store I immediately took it out there and put it in the container.  Of course, there were things that also went into the garbage.

After I finish this I am going to go empty the other bookcase and drag that in the craft room too!  I think I'm on a roll and I hope it keeps up!  I also made out my Thanksgiving Day menu and tomorrow I will make my list and go to the store.  There are some bills to pay tomorrow and a changing of my sheets.  I have leftovers for supper which is nice as I don't have to quit early on my organizing to make supper.  I am super happy about cleaning and clearing out and hopefully being more organized.
I hope you are enjoying the Fall.   What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
Happy Trails!!!  

9 comments:

  1. Darling, you are really getting things so nice and organized. How nice it all looks. Your guest room is quite inviting. I would love to know what your recipe is for window cleaner. I have yet to find one that does not leave giant streaks on my windows. I am almost to the point of just letting them stay dirty LOL. Miss Peeps looks a lot like my Tom did. He was my all time favorite cat we ever had and we had A LOT of cats over the past 40 years. Tom was very independent but when he wanted love, he was all over you. It is still in the 80's here but the nights are cooling off quite nicely. Have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a seriously great roll with cleaning, clearing out and finding good homes for what you are keeping. You are going to have a great family Thanksgiving time. I do read every post you write, just wanted to tell you!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you’re busy. You are on quite a roll. I did the same thing with my craft room this morning. Yesterday I organized the cabinets under the bathroom sink with some new containers I got at the dollar store and I had a few extras and so I used them in my craft room. I do like how organized everything is now. I think I can go years without going to the yarn store again. I have two Knit Picks orders on the way though. Oops! Ha ha! Take care and don’t do too much. You don’t want to be exhausted for turkey day!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. in a such gloomy grey day you made perfect use of time my friend!
    i liked you crafter room and book cases that you been arranging so finely!
    your cute pet looks curious:)
    food must be delicious
    best of luck for next venture my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to get lots done when you have those high energy days. We will have a quiet dinner on Thanksgiving...not sure what we'll eat yet. But it feels more like Fall in the mountains of NC. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should rest a day or three! I have to make pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie to take to our daughters:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam :)) Hygge! I love it! Your breakfast looks delicious! I had to take a second look at your photo of the green dresser because the little tree looks like it has eyes and a microphone/head set lol...I'm glad you're on a roll with the cleaning and organizing! When you're in the mood for it, go for it, that mood doesn't come back too quickly for me lol...Are you doing a traditional Thanksgiving dinner? No matter what, I always did, I just can't go "modern" for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your energy is amazing! That's a lot of work, hauling bookcases! I find the best cleaner for everything.....vinegar and water...does wonders on glass. No streaks, etc. Woodwork, floors, countertops..the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!